I recently won myself an eye palette from Bobbi Brown during its Gift of Glam event for Christmas (thank you loads, BB!); in fact, I had not owned any eye palette from BB until two days ago when the mailer came. I opened my gift and honestly, I yawned the very first time I looked at this WARM eye palette. I personally love COLOURS for my makeup, so anything nude or brown is a no-go for me. I know, I know brown is a colour, but it is boring…to me. I am currently working in a conservative environment, so having bright colours simple make me happy! Anyway, this chocolate-y eye palette came at the right time as it may be a good introduction for me to start a neutral eye makeup.
Now this eye palette consists of 7 matte, shimmer and sparkle colours that come with a dual-ended brush. I find the brown packaging suits the rich chocolate theme, and I love eye palette that comes with at least a good brush. However, I find the brush a little slim for my fingers, so I prefer using my own makeup brushes.Don’t these colours remind you of chocolate truffles? *salivating*
Let’s take a look at the swatches!
On my hand, the colours do not look pigmented. Some eye colours look far more pigmented than these just by a swipe or two, using fingers. Luckily though, my makeup brushes (also from Bobbi Brown) managed to pick up the colours for my eye makeup application.
Here is the order for my simple eye makeup:
1. Highlight my brow bone using Bone.
2. Apply Stone on the upper eye lid.
3. Use Rich Chocolate on upper eyelid, from outer to the middle. Go right up to the crease line to look more intense.
4. Apply Cocoa across upper lid and into the crease, blending up and out of the crease.
5. Heavily pat Caramel in the middle of the upper eye lid for some definition.
6. Line outer 2/3 of upper lash line with a black liquid eye liner.
7. Line 2/3 lower waterline using Rich Chocolate while 1/3 inner corner using Champagne Truffle.
8. The magic wand of mascara to make my eyes pop! This is a MUST.
After using this Warm Smokey Eye Palette, I must say Bobbi Brown can expect a NEW FAN to purchase its eye colours every now and then! Although I did experience some fall-outs when I was applying the eye shadows, Bobbi Brown really knows how to combine its colours to make a beautiful eye palette that works for everyone (errr…I mean, for the ladies). The staying power is good as my eye makeup looks the same after 6-7 hours. Most importantly, the eye palette contains not only matte colour, but it also has soft shimmer and sparkle ones that help make smokey eye possible!
What do you think? Work appropriate? If you are interested in getting yourself a neutral palette, go to Bobbi Brown! This Warm Smokey Eye Palette is from its Holiday 2013 collection, which of course is a limited edition item, so if you like it, grab it fast! Price: RM200. Excuse me now; I need to head to Bobbi Brown for more goodies! ^_^